We are traveling again. This time it’s Tempe Arizona to help Jean’s sister who broke her hip while we were in Europe. Jean flew down to get here quickly and I drove, arriving today.
Highlights from driving down alone:
1. A fantastic reunion with my cousin in Oregon. We must stop to see Cindy on our return trip.
2. Stopped for lunch at a wayside and a guy walks up and says, “hey old timer how’s it going?” Are you talking to ME? Actually he was just trying to be nice. Another way to welcome me to the Medicare ranks.
3. A great bumper sticker: I drive the speed limit. If you have a problem with that, call a cop.
4. Visiting friends in Arroyo Grande. We also want to stop there on the way home if Norman and Janet aren’t away on their own travels.
5. Visiting two wineries in search of central coast malbec. One vineyard lost a ton of malbec grapes to bears this fall. They tried luring these ursine lushes with crates of other grapes but the bears prefer malbec. They have good taste!
6. Discovering a route to bypass LA! What a treat. 20 miles longer but 30 minutes shorter and far less stress.
7. The best highlight was seeing Jean standing in the yard as I drove in!
Not sure when we will return or how much we will post, but we will try to keep you informed. We also have art supplies and will do some painting.