Not going to beat the next storm

It appears as if Seattle is going to get a big rainfall in the next couple of days. Unfortunately, we won’t be able to get out of town before it arrives. Picasso is just about packed, but there are a couple of events that Jean wants to attend this week. The good news is that the long range forecast shows good weather in the Siskyous over the weekend, so we may be able to get over the pass on our first try.

Yesterday I built a plywood travel case for our solar panel. We think there will be enough sunshine in the southwest to use it. Previously we carried it on Picasso’s bed, but that doesn’t work when you’re on the road every day and don’t set up the solar charger when you camp. We needed to store it in a way that can stay set for a few days until we get to southern California.

I’m checking on fruits and vegetables that can go to CA. Washington isn’t on the excluded list for most items, but they all are subject to search and seizure (if they find little critters on them). We will probably limit what we travel with to what we need to eat the first couple of days and stop in Redding to buy fresh food.

About Paul

I'm retired, but working at painting, photography, and song writing. We like to travel and paint plein air in new places. Of course that's also where photography comes into the picture, so to speak. Sometimes I get inspired to write songs about the people and places we visit.
This entry was posted in Retirement, Travel and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s