Today we checked the weather forecast and discovered that there will be severely cold weather over the mountains for the next several days. Single digit lows mean totally wiinterizing the trailer and not having water overnight. Also the local Mexican gas merchant sold us butane rather than propane. Butane doesn’t work below 30. That means we would be severely limited if we travel in those temps. The highs will only be in the 30’s or 40’s during that time. Therefore, we must extend our stay at Falcon State Park. At the end of the week it looks like a warming trend will get us across the continental divide and to Arizona. We’ll go to San Antonio on Wednesday to spend a couple of days shopping for some RV things (light bulbs, antifreeze, etc.). It will be cold there, but we can stay in an RV resort with electrical hookups so we can use our electric space heater and their heated showers. 😉 Friday is the day we will head west and plan to arrive in Benson Arizona on Sunday.
Traveling in an RV requires flexibility.